LivingSocial: The Escape Kit
• A One- ($139) or Two-Night ($239) Stay for Two in a Parlor Suite, Sundays through Thursdays, Plus One 30-Minute Massage for One
• Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Parlor Suite, Fridays and Saturdays ($279)
• Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Six Nights
Excelsior Springs, Missouri, gained fame in the late 19th century when a serendipitous farmer found a mineral well that seemed to brim with healing properties in the shady woods near his land. Word spread, and the town quickly blossomed into a medicinal resort. Today, visitors come not only for a relaxing getaway, but also to check out antiques shopsae burgeoning local art scene, and fine dining.
Shortly after the discovery of the area's restorative waters came The Elms Hotel & Spa. It's existed in various incarnations for more than a hundred years, and was twice destroyed by fire. Now, this grand dame of hospitality, fresh off a multimillion dollar renovation, exudes opulence inside and out, from its opulent limestone facade to the 16 acres of trees and gardens that surround it.
Luxury linens and understated décor lend the guest rooms an air of tranquility, and amenities include a spa with an indoor European lap pool, and contemporary Midwest fare at the upscale-casual Eighty-Eight at The Elms. Dishes like the Barham Farms chicken breast, served with polenta and roasted vegetables, sing with locally sourced, seasonal ingredients, and a menu of classic cocktails, wine, and local beer complements each meal.
• Indulge in an array of luxe body treatments at the 25,000-square-foot spa
• Sip on a cocktail at The Tavern, an on-site pub-inspired lounge
• Drink in the countryside and some local wines at VanTill Family Farm & Winery
• Take home a taste of Kansas City at Wabash BBQ and Blues Garden
Limit 4 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
• Only valid for stays now through August 31, 2013
• Blackout date(s): May 24-26, May 31, June 1, June 21, June 22, July 4-6, July 22, July 23, 2013
• Reservations required and subject to availability
• Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
• Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
• Voucher valid for 2 guests
• Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 24 hours in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
• Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
• Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in
• Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included